Fall 2022-Spring 2023 Scout Overnights will open for registration on June 1, 2022.
NEAM Scout Overnights include a buffet dinner, hot breakfast, and late-night snack, as well as a New England Air Museum patch and exclusive Overnight activities including open cockpit experiences in real aircraft, hands-on programs, flight simulators, a film screening, and more! Participants also receive a full day’s admission to the New England Air Museum the day their Overnight ends, as well as half-price admission for family members who join them at the museum that day. Cub Scout/Scouts BSA Overnights are open to all scouts registered with BSA and their families, including non-scout siblings ages 5 and older. Scout Overnight policies can be found in the Fall 2022-Spring 2023 Overnight Information Guide. We recommend scout leaders review this document with their groups prior to submitting a deposit.
Scout Overnights are capped at 200 participants, and reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration closes 30 days prior to the Overnight, or when the Overnight sells out, whichever occurs first. A $35 per person non-refundable deposit is required to reserve spots. Deposits are non-transferable to final payments. Final payments are due two weeks prior to the event along with your group's participant roster. Participants will also need to submit one signed release form per family at check-in.
To register your pack/troop, contact Amanda Goodheart Parks Ph.D., Director of Education, at agparks[at]neam.org or by phone at 860-623-3305 X313.
Fall 2022-Spring 2023 Aviation Merit Badge Workshops will open for registration on June 1, 2022.
9:00am - 12:00pm Merit badge Workshop
12:00-12:30pm LUnch Break
12:30pm - 3:00pm Merit Badge Testing Appointments & Scavenger Hunts
Scouts will be free to depart with their Blue Card after completing the Scavenger Hunt and the Merit Badge Testing Appointment. Families are encouraged to bring a brown bag lunch for the afternoon session.
1. Scouts must be registered with Scouts BSA and be at least 11 years old at the time of the workshop. Given the academic content of these workshops, we recommend them for scouts ages 13 and older.
2. Participants should notify their scout leader of their intent to complete this Merit Badge in accordance with Scouts BSA policy. Scouts should also bring a Blue Card signed by their scout leader to the workshop.
3. Participants are encouraged to read the Aviation Merit Badge Handbook prior to the workshop.
4. Participants are encouraged use the Aviation Merit Badge Workbook provided by the museum to take notes during the workshop.
$40 per scout, $10 per adult chaperone. All scouts must have an onsite chaperone for the duration of the workshop. Fees include museum admission.
Merit Badge Testing Appointments provide scouts with an opportunity to share their knowledge of badge requirements with our counselors through casual conversation. Merit Badge Testing Appointments will be reserved during registration. Appointments are first come, first served and are available at 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, and 2:30pm on the day of the workshop. Scouts who receive a partial will be able to retest a later date at no additional cost by contacting the Director of Education at (860) 623-3305 x313.
Registration is limited to 10 scouts per workshop and the following information will be required at the time of registration:
1. Scout name, age, and unit
2. Parent/Chaperone Name, Address, Email, and Telephone Number
3. Merit Badge Testing Appointment time preference
4. Payment in the amount of $35 per scout and $16 per chaperone via a credit or debit card.
5. Any scout special learning needs our staff should be aware of.
To register for a workshop, contact Amanda Goodheart Parks, Ph.D., Director of Education, at agparks[at]neam.org or (860) 623-3305 X313.
These fun-filled workshops offer Brownies, Juniors, and Cadettes fun-filled day or learning about the science of flight and pioneering women in aviation through the museum's collection of historic aircraft, flight simulators, and hands-on activities. This program fulfills all requirements of the Brownie Fling Flyer Design Workshop.
Fall 2022-Spring 2023 Workshops will open for registraiton on June 1, 2022.
$40 per Girl Scout, $10 per adult chaperone. Fees include a museum patch for Girl Scouts as well as museum admission. Girl Scouts must remain chaperoned at all times while on museum property
Registration is limited to 20 Girl Scouts per workshop and the following information will be required at the time of registration:
1. Girl Scout name, level, and unit
2. Parent/chaperone name, address, email, and telephone number
3. Payment via a credit or debit card.
To register, contact Amanda Goodheart Parks, Ph.D., Director of Education, by phone at 860-623-3305 X313 or click Contact Education below.
Scout groups of 10 of more are welcome to visit the museum at a discounted admission rate. Click here to submit a Group Visit request form, or contact Jeanie Rozbora, Director Visitor Services - Sales, by phone at 860-623-3305 X311 or you can submit this Contact Visitor Services Form for more information.