Stinson 10A 'Voyager'
Gift of Owen Gassaway
The 10A was a successor to Stinson’s first light plane, the model 105. Introduced in 1940, the 10A was used in World War II by Coastal Patrol, including one like this bought right off the factory floor for anti-sub use. Pilots merely added the CAP insignia over the standard Stinson factory paint job. It was also widely used in the Civilian Pilot Training Program and also was used as the basis for the L-5 "Sentinel" liaison and observation plane.
This aircraft bears the insignia of CAP's 3rd Task Force, stationed at Lantana, FL.